Friday 11 November 2016

Creatures 1 and the Curse of the Missing Files

Guess who finally has a laptop! I've moved my stuff to it from the old computer, and it all went very smoothly... or so I thought.

I booted up creatures, and everything looked fine, at least to begin with, but when I set my camera to view a different Norn... bam. Crash. No good. I was baffled - what had caused it to crash? Had I installed it wrong? Was the game incompatible with my new laptop?

I tried again a couple more times, and the same thing happened - if I switched to looking at a different Norn, the game crashed. I restarted the computer to see if that would help, but no luck there.

I was scratching my head for awhile, part of me utterly confused at what was going on and part of me scared that I wouldn't be able to get it all working on the new computer. As it turns out though, idiot me had simply left some of the save files behind on the old computer and that's why it wouldn't work. After porting everything over properly, it all works fine now. Whew.

In other news though, you're probably aware that the CCSF 2016 is coming up! Some pretty awesome-sounding events are in the works for it as well, and it looks like it'll shape up to be a pretty cool CCSF. I'm really excited to see what's in store.




1 comment: