Friday 8 January 2016

Fight!

Today I sat down to creatures and the tedious but necessary task of getting the Norns to eat. Even so, as much as the task is tedious and sometimes frustrating, it is always kind of relaxing too. 'It would be good to play a nice, relaxing game of Creatures,' I said to myself as I booted up the game. 'Jolly good.'

Naturally I wasn't too ready when this happened almost as soon as I started:


He wasn't even really old. It always hits me right in the heart when this happens, especially when you're not expecting it. I'm gonna miss this kid.

But still, I had I whole group of Norns that still needed to be fed, so I couldn't just sit by and wait for them to starve while I mourned Aladdin. Unfortunately though, three of the Norns who needed to eat were fast asleep.


If synchronised sleeping was a sport, these guys could hold their own at the Olympics. The Grendel could have even joined in.

As I was watching this little guy sleep, it occurred to me: I never named them! I can't believe I never gave my Grendel a name. It's an injustice towards all Grendels; they deserve names just as much as Norns do. But this raised an important question: what should I even call the Grendel? Usually when I name Norns something just springs to mind, but naming the Grendel has left me stumped. I feel like it would be nice to give the Grendel some kind of meaningful name about being perceived as bad when they're really good at heart, but trying to think of something like that has left me even more clueless.

But as I was considering a potential name for my Grendel, something dark was brewing in Albia. Something the likes of which I'd never seen before...


...it was Hat and Cosmos, and dear me, they were preparing for a fight.

Just look at what happened next:


The roses get in the way a bit, but you can probably see that they are slapping each other about. I don't know what they're fighting over, and I'm not sure I want to know, but they're fighting all the same. It seems, however, that Cosmos soon accepted defeat:


...but Hat wasn't going to let him get away that easily.


Here I went back to check on my Olympic sleepers. Coco had awakened, and I forced some food into her, but neither Finch nor Dubby have woken yet and I'm actually starting to get quite worried about their life force levels. Normally I don't bother with the science kit injections, but if they don't wake up soon I think I'm going to give them wake-up pill so that I can feed them. I figured I would give them a little longer to see if they would wake naturally, so I haven't given them any drugs yet.

While I was feeding Coco, Cosmos and Hat seemed to have abandoned their fight—I checked on them a couple of times to be sure. But a few of minutes later, I came back to find this:


No comments:

Post a Comment